Title: Software Consultant – St. Augustine, FL
Description: The Software Consultants provide NMC with a variety of support services including inventory database management, data system entry, system programming, such as SAP. The position requires the ability to interpret problems and provide technical support for various OEM hardware, software, and systems. Duties include:
- Installing, modifying, cleaning, and repairing computer hardware and software on regular intervals as required to maintain system efficiency.
- Respond to telephone calls and e-mail messages from client organizations looking for help with computer problems. In responding to these inquiries, careful attention and listening skills are necessary, as well as asking questions to diagnose the nature of the problem, and then patiently walking the user through the problem-solving steps.
- Supporting upgrades, development, and implementation of new functionality to the system as NMC needs evolve.
- Continuing to ensure the applications are Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliant by leveraging their experience and familiarity with Trusted Agent FISMA (TAF), Risk Management System (RMS), and the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes and procedures.
- Overseeing the daily performance of the client’s computer systems and evaluating how useful software programs are.
- Assistance with software applications is provided to improve the workflow process and increase efficiency.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert level skills designing and maintaining MS SQL server applications including stored procedures, triggers, data transformation and database optimization.
- Expert level skills in Crystal Reports (2008+) design and application integration.
- Expert level skills in developing dynamic web applications utilizing MS webapi c#, c++ or xBase++ languages on the server.
- Expert level skills developing cross browser and mobile compatible AJAX web application UI in HTML, ActiveWidgets, EXTJS, SenchaTouch or JQuery.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of experience in coding, maintaining, and operating inventory tracking systems and aircraft operation systems
- Experience with management, logistical, and operational elements of Federal maritime and aviation programs is strongly desired. AMO, CBP, or DHS experience desired.
- Demonstrated experience designing, installing, updating and maintaining large MS Windows based computer system including all hardware and software is required.
- Experience maintaining Cisco firewalls, routers, VPN services, and remotely connected VPN sites required.
- Knowledge of the Customs Automated Material and Inventory Tracking System (CAMITS) is desired.
- Experience in updating, maintaining, and providing comprehensive training and user support on material inventory tracking systems and aircraft operation systems is required, including developing technical documentation and lesson structures.
Requires a CBP BI Clearance
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate.