Title: Inventory Control/Logistics Manager (UAS Systems) (1)
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain inventory management of CBP UAS parts and related equipment for NASOC-SA operating locations and deployment sites.
- Responsible for implementing all programs, policies and procedures, necessary computer equipment and software necessary to ensure effective inventory management and monitoring of aircraft parts and equipment in support of CBP UAS program requirements and tasking.
- Reviews, evaluates and approves transfers of stock. Ensures parts and equipment are properly stored and accounted for, that shortages are highlighted and backordered expeditiously.
- Reviews material requirements and develops/implements inventory management practices to ensure projects and production requirements are met.
- Performs/oversees monthly and annual physical inventories.
- Reviews cycle count results and resolves inventory discrepancies. Analyzes and resolves obsolete and excess inventory issues; reviews and analyzes order/re-order policies.
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves conflicts in supply and demand; investigates, as required, and presents findings to management for reconciliation.
- Develops reports and procedures for inventory monitoring and control; coordinates with IT personnel to develop inventory data collection reports. Reviews and recommends changes to inventory management policy and procedures.
- Analyzes and maintains sufficient inventory levels, including consumables/bench stock, to meet production and repair requirements while maintaining inventory levels in accordance with management guidelines.
- Plans and coordinates the shipment of materiel in support of mission requirements.
- Conducts/oversees materiel receiving operations at the local, site level. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the CBP.
- Coordinate on a regular basis all inventory issues with Inventory Managers at other UAS sites.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in one of the following fields: logistics, supply chain management, business administration, or related field, plus 10 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields plus 5 years of relevant experience. Technical training may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess expertise in inventory management concepts and principles and working knowledge of computer-based logistics management systems.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify and analyze issues and interpret data.
- Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to interface with all levels of internal/external employees and to accurately document and report key inventory management issues and metrics.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Position may require occasional temporary duty at other CONUS/OCONUS locations.
Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required
to maintain this position.
A Secret Clearance is required for this position.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org