Title: Senior Engineering Technician: Logistics and Maintenance – (1)
Location: Washington, DC
Description: Senior Engineering Technicians apply technical issue resolution, logistics, system quality / supplier management, and related risk / impact assessment for Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing assets. Duties include:
- Assist Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine National Aviation Maintenance Contract Program Managers and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) as necessary.
- Work independently as needed, in technical and program schedule analysis, acquisition, maintenance and fleet operational processes.
- Maintain source document databases and periodic inspection reports from contractor deficiency reports.
- Ensure aircraft, aeronautical, and support equipment component configurations are correct and that all essential modifications have been incorporated.
- Assist with contract compliance for aircraft maintenance, equipment repair, paint applications, upgrade, delivery, manpower, ground support and training.
- Study and forecast future tooling and budget postures for current and future assets. Review Aircraft Configuration Change.
- Requests for Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing aircraft and make recommendations based on the needs of the program.
- Assist acquisitions department with maintenance needs of proposed aircraft through research.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in aeronautics or a closely-related aviation field strongly desired. Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
- Must be able to provide specialized technical Subject Matter Expertise essential to CBP AMO’s National Maintenance Program.
- Must have FAA Airframe & Powerplant license (A&P) and Inspection Authorization (IA) rating
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience on General Maintenance and Aviation Maintenance hands on experience on Fixed Wing and Rotary Required Wing aircraft.
- Providing technical and program schedule analysis, acquisition, and maintenance and fleet operational processes.
- Utilizing source document databases and periodic inspection reports in developing safety and quality trends related to aircraft maintenance.
- Reviewing and Advising that aircraft, aeronautical, and support equipment component configurations are correct and that all essential modifications have been incorporated in accordance with applicable FAA Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Assisting Program Managers or CORs with contract compliance for equipment repair, maintenance, upgrade, manpower, ground support, and training for all CBP AMO aircraft or similar.
- Writing and maintaining Minimum Equipment Listings (MEL) for all CBP AMO National Program Maintenance assets
- Tracking PMEL inspections, acquisitions and scheduling programs
- Oversight of maintenance programs: Corrosion Control, Tool Control, FOD, Hazmat, Safety, OSHA / EPA
- Review and advise CBP personnel on the management of the Air and Marine Operations (AMO) paint schedule by fiscal year (FY), propose updates to the paint schemes as necessary, advise on the selection of aircraft to be painted by FY, periodically assist in the review of contractor quality assurance during final paint acceptance from vendor
- Assisting acquisitions department with maintenance needs of proposed aircraft / equipment through research
- Frequent communication with FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) and Registration Branch related to aircraft documentation
- Tracking and determining inspection requirements for Aircraft Life Support Equipment (ALSE) inventory and losses to present to Director of Logistics and Maintenance
- Building Monthly Maintenance Plan incorporating inspections for both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing assets, PMEL items and ground support equipment for future forecasting
Requires a CBP BI Clearance.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate. Contact:email@example.com