Title: Senior Analyst, Logistics – (1)
Location: Washington, DC
Overview: The Senior Analyst, Logistics supports and provides impact assessments and technical resolutions for logistics, supplier management, and related risks to department of Homeland Security, Custom’s and Border Protection, Air & Marine Operations’ (AMO) Fixed and Rotary wing assets to Director, Material Readiness. This position serves as a key staff member and information integration role between government field personnel at AMO branches and sites (35+), the National Logistics Supply Center, the national maintenance contractor (200+ aircraft), and the Director, Material Readiness. The Senior Logistics Analyst duties include the following:
- Monitoring aircraft readiness reports for equipment failures and coordinating efforts with the national maintenance contractor and suppliers to expedite needed parts to field branches and sites.
- Tracking all parts returned to worldwide vendors for repair.
- Ensuring equipment is returned on schedule or.
- Using the Computerized Aircraft Readiness and Material Control (CARMAC) system to confirm parts availability.
- Coordinating with vendors to ensure ordered or anticipated parts are delivered on-time.
- Determining causes for, impacts of, and solutions to anticipated delays.
- Providing guidance for provisioning of new aircraft and equipment at supply centers and individual sites.
- Analyzing aged inventory to identify parts for potential excess or disposal to reduce carrying stock levels.
- Coordinating efforts to resell excess materials to recoup costs for program in accordance with FAR regulations.
- Identifying inaccurate part substitutes and reducing duplication of parts entries in CARMAC to increase ordering accuracy and gain cost efficiencies.
- Serving as AMO Supply process Subject matter Expert (SME) in our transition from the CARMAC system to Maximo for Aviation (MfA).
- Working with the national maintenance contractor to ensure equipment requiring repair is properly identified and processed according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring the national maintenance contractor complies with service contracts and adheres to all required regulation compliance as related to inventory management and procurement.
- Conceptualizing and creating ad hoc reports and providing detailed situational analyses as required by Director, Material Readiness.
- Assisting aircraft acquisition teams by providing location of government owned parts required to retrofit and upgrade aircraft to meet current or proposed specifications.
- Assisting Contracting Officer’s Representative as required with special projects, deficiency analysis, and research as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management preferred.
- Must have at least 12 years of experience in aviation logistics and supply chain management supporting military or government operations, or similar civilian experience.
- Knowledge and experience enough to provide specialized logistics/supply process expertise to CBP AMO’s national maintenance program.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations as it relates to the resale of government owned (excessed) inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare headquarters level correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing tasks to meet time-sensitive project deadlines.
- Working knowledge of (or willingness to learn), the CARMAC maintenance and inventory management system and MfA.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 25%, to CONUS sites and Puerto Rico.
- Experience in high level staff environment a plus.
- Expert level ability with MS Excel and PowerPoint products a plus.
Requires a CBP BI Clearance.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org