Title: Budget Analyst (1)
Location: Washington, DC
Description: Must be an independent worker, inquisitive self-starter and be willing to do research prior to reaching out for assistance. Must have extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint and prefer some experience in SharePoint. Must have knowledge of budgetary and financial management. It is expected that the employee would grow into the position and have to gain greater knowledge and responsibility. CBP uses the SAP financial system.
- Provides reports utilizing Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Assists the Director, Budget Execution by maintaining and updating travel authorization logs.
- Inputs obligations and expenditures into the CBP Air Program Automated Tracking System (APATS) on a regular basis, which includes all obligations and expenditures for various fiscal years generated by AMO HQ employees. (This is a data entry function.)
- Creates and maintains files for documentation as necessary.
- Updates requisition logs for AMO HQ offices, inputs obligations and expenses for travel, training, and supplies.
- De-obligates funding for travel, training, and other cost items in SAP so they are available for future obligations in the current fiscal year.
- Works on special projects as assigned, such as the review and update of AMO budget manual, performs and completes self-inspection tasks, surveys field offices on various issues, and prepares reports based on responses.
- Works with the Budget Teams on Budget Submissions and monthly Budget Analysis and provide forecasting of future O&M expenditures.
- Works with the aircraft maintenance contractor on contract modifications and funding levels
- Provide analysis to the Operations & Maintenance Team for funding, obligations, expenses associated with operating aircraft and vessels
- Oversees all reporting as required by the CBP National Finance Center to include: Parked Invoices, Outstanding Goods Receipts/Service Entry Sheets, Open Obligations, and Expiring documents.
- Reviews monthly analysis reports for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) account for reports generated by CBP Budget Division, which provide data on O&M obligations, commitments, expenditures and projected obligations/commitments for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Coordinate, control and oversee all financial audit responses.
- Oversee the AMO Budget SharePoint site.
- Lead special projects that are directed by the Director, Budget Execution.
- High level of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint experience; some proficiency in MS SharePoint preferred.
- Skill in written and oral communication to prepare reports, briefings, and guidance on controversial or complex topics.
- High level of organizational skills for keeping up on task deadlines, information requests, etc.
- Knowledge of budgetary and financial management disciplines in accounting, budgeting, resource allocation, and execution practices including financial processes.
- Skill in analyzing budgetary/financial complex issues/programs relations and developing recommendations for budgetary actions (i.e., requesting allotments or reprogramming funds, etc.).
Must have at three years of experience in budget, accounting, and/or finance is preferred. Having at least a year of Federal budget experience is preferred to include: providing day-to-day technical guidance and advice on examination and processing of financial, accounting, and budget execution programs in:
- Applying concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of budgeting and/or financing, sufficient to manage or analyze mission-related programs.
- Experience with budgeting, resource allocation, and execution practices.
- Preparing plans, reports, charts, graphs, briefings, and correspondence
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred. Strongly prefer one degree in accounting, finance, or similar. Will consider additional years of directly-relevant work experience, in lieu of either advanced degree requirement or degree major subject requirement.
Employee must be successfully obtain a CBP background investigation.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org