Title: Budget Analyst (1)
Location: Washington, DC
Description: Supports the Director of Acquisition in a number of ways focused on complex analysis of acquisition finance issues. Duties include:
- Performing complex life cycle management analysis on existing Air and Marine assets and proposed new acquisitions.
- Performing complex analysis of alternatives (AoA) on Air and Marine assets.
- Performing complex acquisition baseline planning (APB) support for separate programs.
- Performing complex Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).
- Performing complex short notice research and short notice analytical support.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree. Prefer a degree in finance, accounting, or a closely-related business discipline. Masters in finance or accounting desired.
- The Business Analyst position requires specialized experience in the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution process and its interrelationship to the Acquisition practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and SAP business management software.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the policy context and application of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) 300 business case submission process and experience in the development and sustainment of supplemental documentation such as cost benefit analysis, alternative analysis and life cycle cost estimates to support that submission
- Familiarity with program management tools such as the periodic reporting system, probability of program success and the application of earned value management.
- Requisite experience that can transfer to application in the submission process of financial and program management data to the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Management and Budget.
- Experience in developing planning, programming, budgeting and execution data bases to meet performance requirements.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate. Contact:firstname.lastname@example.org