Title: Technical Editor – Miami Air and Marine Branch (MAMB)
Location: Homestead, FL
Description: This function shall reside under the Southeast Region Executive Director in direct support of the Director of the Miami Air and Marine Branch (MAMB). Work requests/assignments shall be on demand, at the request of AMO MAMB personnel, with the approval of the COR’s designated program manager. The Writer/Editor position provides professional writing and editorial services in support of AMO MAMB Director to assist with DHS, CBP and AMO editorial style and format for official documents and publications. Responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Completing light to heavy edits of reports and documents, and writes initial draft documents and reports produced in accordance with guidance and materials provided by the requesting source/agent, e.g., Office/official. Written documents shall range from short and simple to lengthy and technical, which shall include but not be limited to approximately 10 annual reports, 50 questions for the record, 25 news releases, 50 executive level communiqués, 30 issue papers, 30 fact sheets, and 30 talking point papers annually; approximately 25 instructions, directives, policies, and standard operating procedures over a year; approximately 15 strategic plans and approximately 200 pages of Web content posted on internal and external site over a year; and approximately 2 memoranda and/or other correspondence a week.
- Draft, review, and revise memos and correspondence to Southeast Region and AMO Headquarters
- Compose, edit, and proofread responses to Unit and MAR Inspections
- Compose, edit, and proofread Branch Safety Reports
- Compose, edit, and proofread Local SOPs, Directives, and interagency MOUs
- Prepare the COOP and Hurricane Plan and update both annually
- Develop and update MAMB Power Point Presentations
- Compose Awards / Letters of Commendation / Letters to personnel files
- Prepare Press Releases
- Review emails for clarity, spelling, and grammar prior to sending
- Be immediately available as a resource in grammar, spelling, and AMO Writing Stylebook preferences
- Utilizing and accurately complying with DHS and CBP style guides and format templates. Uses proper English, i.e., correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure(s).
- Services shall be during core working hours, which are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, daily.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of a service request shall be within an hour and shall include a good faith estimate of the time and effort necessary to complete the job.
- Preparing and updating power point presentations utilizing the CBP AMO format
- Performs research and analysis and/or provides analytical services in order to formulate responses to requests, assignments and taskings to include special projects.
- Taskings or work requests may require contractor support staff to work closely with the requesting AMO staff/Office and/or subject matter experts to complete a special project, i.e.,to produce a document report, briefing, policy, plan, procedure, etc. The project may require the following effort, e.g.:
- Initial and/or follow-up research
- Review and analyze source documents
- Develop, determine, or assess requirements
- Prepare a plan, e.g., concept, implementation, etc, in draft(s) and final
- Coordinating or facilitating the coordination and compilation of inputs from multiple sources
- Working under short deadline or time sensitive schedule.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced as a professional technical writer/editor; experience with federal executive correspondence; and proficiency in working within established chains of command and formal /informal networks to complete a job/task.
- Proficient in analyzing complex material and produce timely products that present information in plain language, i.e., understandable to a range of readers.
- Skilled in the use of PowerPoint
- Experienced in writing about federal acquisitions, aircraft, and marine vessels.
- Ability to assimilate, absorb and retain new material within a reasonable period of adjustment, e.g., a month; and subsequently to build and develop a broader and more in-depth knowledge of the AMO program and skill in real time.
- Experienced in the development of policies, plans and procedures, e.g., directives, concept plans, implementation plans, standard operating procedures, circulars, instructions, etc.
- Working knowledge of the hierarchy and federal system of authorities, regulations, directives, circulars, instructions, etc., is desirable.
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate.Contact:email@example.com