Title: Technical Writer – Washington, DC
Description: Provide Customer with support in organizing, writing, and editing documents. These documents include: market research reports, statements of work, operational requirements documents, requests for information, requests for proposals, and technical evaluation summaries in response to proposals prepared by vendors. Duties include:
- Participate by assisting with the documentation and editing of program and project management planning, vendor selection, and oversight documents.
- Must be able to obtain a CBP Background Investigation
- Position requires availability for travel.
- Working within an interdisciplinary team (Mission Support Team and technical staff) to determine the needs of end users of technical documentation and product and how best to meet those needs
- Produce material by gathering and verifying data, writing and/or editing reports, documents, and pamphlets, and developing and presenting information that is clear and meaningful to the intended audience
- Organize and write supporting documents for various projects
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Revise documents as new issues arise.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience required in technical writing, editing, and production editing of scientific and technical documents to communicate technical information to various audiences
- Experience required performing, planning, and directing activities related to writing or editing of technical materials such as scientific reports, regulations, newsletters, and journal articles
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree required, including coursework in writing
Organizational Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment placement, upgrading, demotion or transfer, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other form of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all Company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity, or age limitations will be adhered to by the Company where appropriate.